The Purple Meanie was popular for it’s potency, taste (like a grape popsicle) and it’s mean purple color.
- 2 Cups Ice
- 1 ounce Blue Curacau
- 1.5 ounce grenadine
- 3/4 shot 100 proof white rum
- 3/4 shot coconut rum
- splash lemon juice
- blend and enjoy!
- 1 Bottle of white wine (Riesling, Chablis, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2/3 cup white sugar (or raw sugar if you’re a health nut like me)
- 3 oranges (sliced) or may substitute 1 cup of orange juice)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1 lime (sliced)
- finely chopped green apple
- 1/2 liter of ginger ale or club soda, or ginger ale for those with a sweeter tooth.
Pour wine in the pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the orange, lemon and lime into the wine. Toss in the fruit wedges and apples (leaving out seeds if possible) and add sugar. Chill as long as you can hold out. Add ginger ale or club soda just before serving. For other variations you can add a Rose wine, or blackberries or strawberries for flavor.
Pop Rocks Martini:
- 4 parts Absolut Raspberri
- 3 parts DeKuyper Strawberry Passion Pucker
- Splash pineapple
- Sprinkle of Pop Rocks candy
To Do : Pour all ingredients except candy in a shaker with ice, strain into glass rimmed with Pop Rocks.
This drink is simple (3 ingredients) tart, crisp, and especially tasty.
- 3/4 oz Guava flavored rum
- 3/4 oz coconut rum
- Grapefruit Juice
Fill sangria glass with ice, and add ingredients, alcohol first. Pour into a shaker, and shake. Pour back into sangria glass, and garnish with an orange slice. Enjoy!
Posted by Chef Bill Brooks, Corporate Chef, U.S. Foodservice, Inc
Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily
reflect those of U.S. Foodservice, Inc